Smoke Free Areas
Smoking laws were changed in 2012 making it illegal to smoke in some outdoor spaces including:
- within 10 metres near children's playgrounds and play equipment
- within 10 metres around sports fields and sports facilities
- within 10 metres near aquatic centres
- within 4 metres around entrances to public buildings
- in public transport stops and stations including bus shelters and taxi ranks.
Smoking in outdoor dining areas became prohibited in July 2015 and includes smoking bans in:
- commercial outdoor dining areas in licensed venues (including clubs and hotels), restaurants and cafés
- areas within 4 metres of a pedestrian entrance to or exit from a licensed venue, restaurant or café
City of Parramatta is one of more than 30 pro-active councils in metropolitan Sydney that have introduced a policy that restricts smoking in public places and will continue with its implementation and enforcement.
Download the full policy documents below.
The outdoor dining application form be downloaded below.