ONLINE PRE-DA LODGEMENT AND MEETING BOOKING NOW AVAILABLE
Please visit our online Pre-lodgement portal and follow the prompts to lodge your application and book your pre-lodgement meeting.
It is mandatory for all multi-unit developments (including townhouses, Residential Flat buildings and Mixed Use developments) to have a pre-lodgement meeting.
Pre-lodgement meetings are available if you intend to lodge a Development Application (DA) and want feedback on initial design concepts and technical requirements from the City of Parramatta.
Experience shows that delays in the processing of development applications often occur as a result of inadequate information being submitted or a lack of understanding about the relevant local development controls.
We'll provide formal feedback, identify key issues and our guidance where possible. The meetings are not intended to investigate every detail covered in the formal development assessment process or pre-empt the outcome of your DA.
If the proposal is identified as a City Significant Development, please contact 9806 5050 to organise your meetings. In all other circumstances, please ensure that you lodge your pre-lodgement application at the Council’s customer service counter.
Types of development
Council’s pre-lodgement service is available if your proposed development/site contains the following issues:
- Sites where the slope of the site does not enable drainage to the street;
- Sites which are identified as flood prone;
- Sites containing items of heritage value involving:
- Demolition, significant alterations or additions to a heritage item or conservation area and any substantial alterations or additions to a building located within a heritage conservation area;
- seeking use of conservation incentives or significant impingement on the curtilage of the item;
- Development proposals which involve:
- Questions of permissibility or existing use rights;
- Non-compliances with the Development Control Plans;
- Significant variations pursuant to SEPP 1 or Clause 4.6 of an Environmental Planning Instrument;
- All mixed use or residential apartment development which involve significant departures from the Apartment Design Guidelines;
- In-fill, boarding houses and group homes, or ‘affordable housing’ pursuant to State Environmental Planning Policy (Affordable Rental Housing) 2009.
- Any proposal for 'designated development'
- Any development proposal which may have an impact on threatened flora or fauna or which may have substantial impact on the integrity of an adjoining/nearby watercourse or body of water
- Any industrial development which by nature of the use and/or processes and materials involved requires assessment under SEPP 33
- Any proposal where the value of the development exceeds $20 million
- Any proposal for a place of public assembly or public recreation facility
- Any development which is considered to be of a contentious nature and/or likely to have significant social/economic impacts on the community
- Any development which by virtue of its type or processes or activities carried out has the potential to have a significant impact on the environment (Water quality, air quality, flora/fauna populations etc.) or the amenity of an area (noise, dust, odour, traffic generation, visual etc.)
Tuesday afternoons: Dual occupancies, single dwellings and granny flats.
Wednesday afternoons: Complex sites, flooding, heritage, residential flat buildings, townhouses, mixes use developments and significant sites.
Design Excellence Advisory Panel meetings are held twice a month on Thursdays.
Held at City of Parramatta at 126 Church Street, Parramatta NSW 2150.
Depending on the type of development that you propose, Council Officers from relevant disciplines will be in attendance to provide advice tailored to your proposed development. Council’s Team Leader Development Advice will chair the meeting and supported with relevant officers such as a Development Engineer, Tree and Landscape Specialist, Environmental Health Officer, Urban Designer, Social Planners and the like.
You should detail the key issues in your application which will allow Council Officers to arrange the appropriate officer to attend your meeting.
We recommend you thoroughly research your proposal and provide in depth details including:
- site plan with floor plans and elevations for all proposed buildings
- photographs of the site and surrounding area
- non-compliances/variations from Council's planning controls and development standards and any justifications for these variations
- design issues that need to be discussed
- details of any likely issues such as: increase in traffic, storm water, noise, infrastructure needs, environmental impact
- any other information you feel the City of Parramatta needs to assess your application.
Design Excellence Advisory Panel
Recommended for all larger scale residential and commercial developments where the State Environmental Planning Policy No 65 - Design Quality of Residential Apartment Development known as (SEPP 65) applies.
- residential flat buildings
- shop top housing
- mixed use developments with a residential component
- if the building is 3 or more storeys and 4 or more dwellings.
The panel will evaluate your application and provide feedback and recommendations. In order to get the most out of your meeting you will need the provide the following information:
Site and context analysis
A site and context analysis examines and records the existing characteristics of the site and its surroundings, providing context for the proposal, while identifying the opportunities and constraints for the site.
The context analysis can be separate and larger scaled (1:500) plan which shows adjoining sites and their zonings, building footprints, road patterns and open space.
A site analysis should be prepared using a survey as a base.
Five legible copies, no bigger than A3 size should include:
- site dimensions and area
- existing structures
- landscape features, steep slopes and existing vegetation on or near the site including trees to be retained or removed
- all adjoining properties, buildings and window opening locations
- bar scale with text note, north point
- important views to and from the site
- contours and wind direction
- soils and areas of site contamination
- opportunities and constraints for development.
Three copies of:
- SEPP 65 verification statement by a registered architect (including registration number)
- Draft Statement of Environmental Effects, which identifies:
- use permissibility
- zone objectives permissibility
- justification for the preferred option
- compliance with LEP/DCP controls.
Three legible copies no bigger than A3 size with each drawing noting the registered architect and the registration number, showing:
- 3D representation - sketches are adequate
- site photos to describe context and the site
- streetscape sketches showing a minimum of 2 buildings either side
- relevant plans, sections and elevation (all apartments and balconies to show furniture layout).
- basement level structures
- setbacks & soft soil zone areas
- cut & fill and finished floor areas
- access & parking arrangements
- stormwater concept diagram (including roof water dispersal)
- bar scale and north point
- materials and finishes - in colour.
Your meeting will not be scheduled without all of the information above sent with your meeting request and the requisite fee payment being made.
Fees are payable at lodgement. You'll need to present a copy of the receipt at the meeting.
|Proposed development||Fee (inc GST)|
|Dwelling house, granny flats, change of use (for retail, commercial and industrial uses)
|Dual occupancies (duplex), townhouse developments (less than 4 dwellings)||$805.00|
|Townhouse developments (4 or more dwellings), new commercial and industrial developments, new child care centres and new places of public worship.||$1620.00|
|Residential flat buildings - please contact the Team Leader Development Advice for a fee based on the number of dwellings and/or location||From $1,620.00|
|All major developments within the City Centre||$3,625.60|
|Additional meetings||$25% of original fee paid|
|Pre-lodgement Design Excellency Advisory Review Panel Meetings||From $1,608.00|
Arrange your meeting
You could lodge your request for a pre-lodgement meeting either electronically and request your meeting time and date online or you can download the pre-lodgement application form from the link below or pick it up from our Development Counter at 126 Church Street, Parramatta NSW 2124
Submit your application with all of the required documentation:
- in person at City of Parramatta, 126 Church Street, Parramatta NSW 2150
- via post to PO Box 32, Parramatta NSW 2124
- or through the online portal