Volunteers are essential for us to operate many of our services for older people, adults living with disability and their carers.
Our Community Care team includes 130 volunteers who provide support across a range services such as:
- Social Inclusion where volunteers are matched based on common interests and provide weekly or fortnightly social visits or community activities based on the needs of the person.
- Meals on Wheels where volunteer drivers and helpers deliver meals each weekday morning.
- Social Lunch volunteers who provide social support over lunch to people at risk of malnutrition.
- Over 55s Leisure and Learning Centre where volunteers help out at reception and assist with various group activities including walking groups, social groups and classes.
Volunteer with us
Volunteering is an activity which takes place through not for profit organisations or projects and is:
- of benefit to the community and the volunteer
- by free will of the volunteers and without coercion
- without financial gain
- for designated volunteer positions only.
Being a volunteer can be a valuable and enjoyable experience, providing the opportunity to meet people and help others. People volunteer for a variety of reasons including to:
- give back to the community
- use skills to help others
- gain work experience
- learn new skills
- meet new people
- have a sense of purpose.
One the greatest rewards of volunteering is knowing that your efforts make a difference in the lives of others. As a volunteer in our team you will be supported with orientation, training opportunities and ongoing support and supervision. There are opportunities to interact other volunteers and attend events throughout the year.
City of Parramatta recognises that volunteers have the right to claim reimbursement for out-of-pocket expenses such as the cost of public transport or petrol costs when using own vehicle.
View current volunteer vacancies on Seek Volunteer.
Register your interest to become a Volunteer
If you are interested in a role and believe you meet the criteria, please complete the Volunteer Registration Form.