Community Capacity Building Grant
City of Parramatta Council’s Community Grants provide an annual funding opportunity for the Parramatta Local Government Area (LGA).
The grants program aims to support local not-for-profit, recreation and sporting groups, clubs, organisations, services, social enterprises, and in some cases, individuals. Through the Community Grants, Council supports a wide range of services and activities that contribute to City of Parramatta’s vision and priorities.
- Support community based groups, sport and recreation clubs, and service organisations to develop effective projects that address the social, economic and/or environmental needs of residents in the Parramatta LGA, as described in City of Parramatta Council’s Community Strategic Plan;
- Maximise access to and use of community resources, services and facilities, including equity of access for people experiencing social exclusion, marginalisation or isolation;
- Encourage community participation in the development and delivery of projects and activities;
- Support the development of networks and partnerships between communities, local community groups, agencies and City of Parramatta Council.
$225,000 is allocated to the Community Capacity Building Grants. The funding cap under this category varies depending on your organisation type. Please refer to the chart below.
|Organisation Type||Funding Cap|
|100% Voluntary Organisations||$5,000|
|Organisations with Paid Staff||$10,000|
|Second Phase Projects||$5,000 or $10,000 as above|
This program is open once a year. Projects must start after July 1. Successful recipients in this category are required to:
- Complete their projects within 12 months of funding
- Submit two Progress Reports, after four and nine months respectively, during the funding period and a Final Acquittal Report upon project completion
- 4 month Progress Report due date 1 November
- 9 month Progress Report due date 1 April
- Final Acquittal Report due date 1 July (following year)
Failure to acquit the grant will affect any future funding requests.
Click here to apply now.
p: (02) 9806 5110