Sport & Recreation Grant
This category is designed to Increase participation in local sport and recreation activities, particularly in regards to the inclusion of:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders; disengaged young people;
- Newly arrive migrants, refugees and humanitarian entrants;
- People experiencing homelessness; people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds;
- People living with disabilities;
- People of diverse genders and/or sexuality (GLBTI);
- People over 55 years of age, particularly those living alone;
- Women and girls.
$40,000 is allocated to the Sport and Recreation Grant. The maximum funding available in this category is $2,000. City of Parramatta Council will only fund one application over a calendar year, regardless of the number of applications received from an organisation.
Applications are open all year round with the following closing dates:
4pm, Wednesday 7 August 2019
4pm, Wednesday 6 November 2019
These grants can take up to 3 months from the assessment deadline before payments may be made. To avoid disappointment, ensure your project is scheduled to start 3 months after the upcoming quarterly grants assessment deadline.
Successful recipients in this category are required to:
- Show that funds will be spent within 6 months of receipt of funding.
- Acquit within 4 weeks of project completion.
Failure to acquit the grant will affect any future funding requests.
Click here to apply now.
p: (02) 9806 5110