Active Parramatta Van
The Active Parramatta Van is a free service operated by the City of Parramatta and funded by the NSW Government, Stronger Communities Fund.
The Active Parramatta Van aims to make Parramatta a more active, healthy and connected city by delivering community sports programs targeting early years’ development, primary school aged children and youth and promoting healthy lifestyles, aging well and lifelong learning.
The objectives of the Active Parramatta Van include:
- Increasing awareness of the benefits of healthy and active lifestyles;
- Increasing participation to improve the community’s health and well-being;
- Improving community cohesion and connectedness through active participation and social inclusion;
- Increasing opportunities to engage with local youth through active participation and counsel;
- Providing access to literacy and educational programs to connect residents with their local communities; and
- Increasing the presence of partner organisations to deliver community based, health and well-being outcomes.
The Active Parramatta Van will focus primarily on areas in Harris Park, Telopea and Wentworthville.