Active Parramatta Van
The Active Parramatta Van is a free mobile health service operated by the City of Parramatta and funded by the NSW Government, Stronger Communities Fund. The Van aims to make Parramatta a more active, healthy and connected city by delivering community sport and health programs.
The objectives of the Active Parramatta Van include:
- increasing awareness of the benefits of healthy and active lifestyles
- increasing participation to improve the community’s health and well-being
- improving community cohesion and connectedness through active participation and social inclusion
- increasing opportunities to engage with local youth through active participation and counsel
- providing access to health literacy and educational programs
- increasing the presence of partner organisations to deliver community based health and well-being outcomes
The Active Parramatta Van has delivered a wide range of exciting holistic health programs, including:
Mums N Bubs Fitness
An exciting group fitness program for mothers of 0-4 year olds, who want to increase fitness while socialising with other mothers.
My Healthy Lunchbox
A 4-week interactive workshop that aims to educate parents and guardians about setting up children with healthy eating habits, comprising of delicious cooking demonstrations and nutrition seminars.
A weekly social sports program in Telopea for locals aged 12-18 years, in collaboration with youth workers from YMCA.
Fun after-school sports clinics that help to foster the skill development of school-aged children, and provide opportunities for physical activity.
Women’s Health Seminars
Interactive seminars that explore topics tailored to women’s health such as managing health conditions like menopause, nutrition education, mental wellbeing and motherhood
Healthy Mind Healthy Life
Discussions and fun activities over 4-weeks that explore mental wellbeing, including available services, therapies and skills.
Seniors Gentle Exercise
An 8-week exercise program that aims to increase fitness and mobility through varied and gentle exercise sessions.
For the latest announcements regarding our programs, please visit the Active Parramatta Facebook page.