Regulations for Fitness Trainers
If you're a fitness professional and you'd like to conduct sessions for group fitness or personal training in our parks and reserves or use our sport fields or courts, you'll need to get a permit. Permits are allocated on a seasonal basis for activities including:
- resistance training with or without equipment
- boxing and kick boxing
- tai chi
- circuit training
Winter season permit – March to September
Summer season permit – September to March
Permits are valid for 26 weeks and you'll need to renew your permit at the end of each season.
The charges applicable to Organised or Commercial Group Fitness and Personal Training for use of Council’s Parks and Reserves are as outlined below. The first table is relevant to the permit and the bottom for field usage, both charges are applied on approval but the amount varies on the application details. Payment of a bond may be required by hirers to cover any damage to Council’s open space areas and property.
Fitness trainers permit fee
Sports field hire fee
Netball court hire fee
$73.55 per day per season
Costs for hire and sports fields grading can be found in 2018-19 City of Parramatta Fees and Charges
Trainer using 3 days a week with 18 participants at a C Grade sports ground.
774.45 (permit fee) + 183.45 (c grade 1x day) + 183.45 (c grade 1x day) + 183.45 (c grade 1x day) = $1324.80 for 26 weeks
Trainers seeking approval for the use of public open space in the Parramatta Local Government area to provide organised group fitness and personal training activities must meet the essential criteria specified to be eligible for a permit.
- Certification in having completed accredited courses specific to the type of activity to be instructed which are endorsed by Fitness Australia and/or VETAB providers such as TAFE and Universities
- Current Senior First Aid Certificate with CPR component
- Current Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA) approved Public Liability Insurance for a minimum of $10 million with Parramatta City Council nominated on the policy as an interested party
- Registration as a professional with Fitness Australia
- Sign in sheet
- Pre-exercise form
- Risk assessment plan (an example can be viewed on Fitness Australia's website)
Please refer to the Guidelines for Organised or Commercial Group Fitness and Personal Training.
Obtaining your permit
Contact Council's Booking Office on 9806 5140 or email@example.com