Dence Park Masterplan
The City of Parramatta is continuing to develop a Masterplan to improve the quality of Dence Park’s facilities and open space.
We understand how important Dence Park is to the Epping community and we want to make it even better.
Using what we’ve heard from the community over the past 12 months, Council has prepared a draft Dence Park Masterplan, which is now on public exhibition for review and feedback.
Read the full masterplan document.
The Masterplan identifies upgrades for the Epping Creative Centre, Epping Aquatic Centre and surrounding green and open space. It will guide improvement of the whole park so it better responds to your needs and the needs of the future community.
About Dence Park
Dence Park comprises around 5ha of land at Stanley Road, Epping. Located within a bushland setting, the site currently includes the Epping Aquatic Centre, Epping Creative Centre and a park area.
The Dence Park Masterplan is being developed in consultation with the community:
- In October and November 2018, we asked the community their ideas for a vision for Dence Park. A summary of the feedback is now available. See Summary of Consultation Stage 1.
- Using the feedback we received last year, Council developed a draft direction for the Dence Park Masterplan. In January and February 2019, we asked the community to provide their feedback on this draft direction.
- Using all feedback received in 2018 and early 2019, Council developed a proposed layout for the Dence Park Masterplan, including locations for upgrades to the Epping Creative Centre, Epping Aquatic Centre, and surrounding green and open space. In June and July 2019, Council sought community and stakeholder feedback to confirm proposed upgrades for each area of the site and understand priorities for delivery.
All feedback received so far has been used to develop a final draft of the Masterplan, which is now on public exhibition and includes a summary of what we’ve heard from the community over the past year.
The draft Dence Park Masterplan
You can view the draft masterplan using the link at the top of the page. You can also view hard copies at:
- City of Parramatta Library, 1-3 Fitzwilliam Street, Parramatta
- Epping Branch Library, Chambers Court, Epping
- Council’s Customer Service Centre, 126 Church Street, Parramatta
If you’re visiting Dence Park (26 Stanley Road, Epping) between now and 4 November 2019, you can see an overview of the Masterplan upgrades the Epping Creative Centre and Epping Aquatic Centre.
Meet the Project Team
You can speak to the project team about the draft Masterplan on Saturday 26 October 2019. We’ll be at the Epping Aquatic Centre and Epping Creative Centre (26 Stanley Road, Epping) from 10am – 12pm.
PROVIDE YOUR FEEDBACK ON THE DRAFT MASTERPLAN
All feedback received will be used to finalise the Masterplan, which will be provided to Council for their endorsement later this year. The endorsed Masterplan will outline improvements to be delivered over a 10 to 15 year period.
You can provide your feedback by:
- emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- or writing to:
Dence Park Masterplan submission
Place Services Team,
City of Parramatta Council
PO Box 32, Parramatta NSW 2124
All feedback must be received before 5pm, Monday 4 November 2019.
The Dence Park Masterplan process is expected to be completed by the end of the year.
The draft Masterplan includes proposed delivery staging. Following endorsement of the Masterplan, Council will provide details around timing of this staging.
For further queries or comments in relation to the Dence Park Master Plan, please contact: email@example.com