Milson Park Masterplan
Milson park (6.9 Hectares) is located in Westmead, behind the Westmead Private Hospital. The park is surrounded surround by high density housing. Finlayson Creek runs through Milson Park and connects to Toongabbie creek in the northern section of the park. Both creeks are highly polluted due to the highly urbanised surrounding environment.
The Greater Sydney Commission has identified the transformation of the Westmead health and educational precinct to be one of the key economic drivers of Western Sydney. The projected growth and density surrounding Milson Park makes it a highly valuable recreational community space.
Council is partnering with Sydney Water to implement the Milson Park Master Plan to:
- Improve waterway and catchment health
- Create opportunities for the community to enjoy nature
- Improve pedestrian and cycleway connection to Parramatta Park and the Parramatta CBD
- Provide a diverse range of recreational activities
- Improve park security and safety
(Map courtesy of Sydney Water)
Masterplan features and stages
Implementation of the Milson Park Masterplan will occur across two stages.
- Construction of natural stormwater treatment systems such as wetlands
- Connections to ecological areas and increase habitat diversity
- Improved pedestrian and cycle connections
Stage 2 (subject to Council funding)
- Improved recreational activities (picnic areas, fitness stations, BBQ areas)
- Community garden