Wentworth Point Community Centre and Library
We are busy working on the finishing touches on this exciting new facility and can’t wait to show you!
City of Parramatta Council wishes to invite you to the opening of Wentworth Point Community Centre and Library (WPCCL). The day will include a range of activities and information sessions to get to know your new Community hub.
When: Sunday 15 December
To RSVP your interest and stay up-to-date, visit WPCCL Event section.
Join us for:
- Guided tours of the Centre
- Family Fun Day
- Library membership sign-up
- Venue hire information
- Kids workshops and activities
- Health and Wellness drop-in classes
- Demonstrations of the 24 hour Book Vending Machine
- Drop-in art activities
- Story Time
- A visit by Redsee the Readasaurus
- Live Music performances
- A free community BBQ
- Expressions of Interest for the co-working space
- Exhibition by local artists
- Sustainability Workshops.
Getting to WPCCL on the day
WPCCL is located at 10 Footbridge Boulevard, Wentworth Point right in the heart of Wentworth Point, right across the road from Marina Square Shopping Centre.
If you are travelling by public transport, bus stops are right in front of the Centre, visit transport.info/trip to plan your trip. Rhodes train station is the closest station to WPCCL and a 3-minute shuttle bus regularly leaves from Rhodes to Wentworth Point throughout the day. If you are arriving by water, WPCCL is a 4-minute walk from Sydney Olympic Park Ferry Terminal.
About Wentworth Point Community Centre and Library
Welcome to your new Wentworth Point Community Centre and Library. WPCCL is a dynamic, multipurpose community hub offering a range of benefits and resources for residents and businesses. Situated at the heart of Wentworth Point, a bustling community along the Parramatta River, the new two-level facility offers a state-of-the-art library and community centre space for the public.
Operated by City of Parramatta, the WPCCL provides:
- Contemporary Library Services
- Learning Lab/Maker Space
- Quiet Study Areas
- Flexible Community Meeting Spaces
- Artist Exhibition and Workshop Space
- Music Rooms
- Co-working Spaces
- 24-hour Library containing a book vending machine for loans and after-hour returns
- Free Wi-Fi
The WPCCL complements the services provided by the Rhodes Connection and has the capability to develop new program options based on its flexible layout and responsiveness to changing community needs. This accessible hub further enhances the vibrancy, inclusiveness and wellbeing of the Wentworth Point and Newington communities.
Address: 10 Footbridge Boulevard, Wentworth Point NSW 2127 (Directly opposite Marina Square)
- The facility is completely wheelchair accessible and ambulant toilets are located through the building.
- Hearing augmentation is present throughout the entire facility
- Disability Inclusion Action Plan
JOIN CITY OF PARRAMATTA LIBRARY NETWORK
Library membership is free and is open to anyone, even if you don't live within the City of Parramatta.